"Everything that you want is on the other side of fear..." - Jack Canfield
Dr. Allison Solomon is a licensed clinical psychologist who specializes in child, adolescent, and adult psychotherapy, and psychological assessment. She is a Certified Telebehavioral Health Practitioner by the Telebehavioral Health Institute. Dr. Solomon's approach focuses on the use of evidence-based treatments, such as Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT), which are often short-term and produce lasting results.
Dr. Solomon's primary areas of expertise include obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) and related disorders, anxiety disorders, body-focused repetitive behaviors (such as trichotillomania/hair-pulling and dermatillomania/skin-picking), and tic disorders. She also works with many individuals with co-occurring conditions such as ADHD, learning disorders, executive function deficits, autism spectrum disorder, social skills difficulties, insomnia, and depression.
Dr. Solomon has been active in the fields of psychology and mental health for the past 20 years, obtaining her Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from Arizona State University, and her Master’s and Doctoral degrees from Pepperdine University, where she graduated at the top of her class.
Dr. Solomon has also received advanced specialty training in a variety of areas from the Albert Einstein School of Medicine, the Resnick UCLA Neuropsychiatric Institute, and the University of Southern California School of Medicine. The Resnick UCLA Neuropsychiatric Hospital is ranked 8th in US News & World Reports' Best Hospitals 2014 for Psychiatry. She completed her APA-accredited internship at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles and also completed an APA-accredited postdoctoral fellowship in Health Psychology/Behavioral Medicine at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center. Throughout her training, Dr. Solomon has authored several professional articles on a variety of behavioral and psychological subjects.
"It is a true pleasure to work with other professionals that are as passionate about the field as I am. An important part of my role as a psychologist is to coordinate care and consult with other members of a patient's treatment team. An advantage to practicing alongside skilled providers who practice psychopharmacology and medication management is that I have ongoing access to their expertise so we can collaborate to give our patients the most comprehensive treatment." - Dr. Allison Solomon
• Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
• Anxiety, Worry, Panic, & Phobias
• Fears & Phobias (eg.
Fear of Flying,Needles, Insects).
• Trichotillomania & Other BFRBs
• ADHD & Executive Dysfunction
• Autism Spectrum Disorder
• Social Skills Deficits & Shyness
• Tics & Tourette Syndrome
• Parent Consultation & Training
• Stress Management
• Sleep Medicine & Insomnia
Evidence-Based Psychotherapy Treatment
• Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
• Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
• Exposure and Desensitization for Anxiety
• Exposure & Response Prevention for OCD (E/RP)
• Comprehensive Behavioral Intervention for Tics (CBIT)
• Habit Reversal Training for Trichotillomania and BFRBs
• Comprehensive Behavioral Model (ComB)
• Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
• Psychodiagnostic Assessment
• Gifted Evaluations
• Career/Vocational/Educational Interest Assessment
• Comprehensive ADHD Assessments
Consultation & Training
• Parent and Teacher Training
• Consultation-Liason Services
Awards & Affiliations
• Best of Chandler Award: Best Psychologist 2015
• Certified Telebehavioral Health Provider TBHI
• Psi Chi Honors Society
• National Association of CBT (NACBT)
• International OCD Foundation (IOCDF)
• Behavior Therapy Training Institute (BTTI)
• Mass General Hospital Psychiatry Academy
• TLC Foundation for BFRBs (TLC)
• Tourette Syndrome Association (TSA)
• Arizona Psychological Association (AZPA)
• Children's Services Network (CSN)
• Anxiety & Depression Association (ADAA)
• American Psychological Association (APA)